What Is Integrative Family Medicine?
As a parent, you want what’s best for your kids at all times. It can be a traumatic experience when they get sick, especially if you don’t feel like your pediatrician is doing everything they can to help your child overcome health issues as soon as possible. That’s why many people turn to integrative medicine, which uses many modalities to support a person as a whole.
Integrative family medicine uses conventional and complementary approaches to improve the health and well-being of the whole family. Read on to discover how integrative family medicine works, the most common modalities, what conditions it can help with, and where to find a practitioner of integrative medicine in Cypress and Northwest Houston, TX.
How Does Integrative Family Medicine Work?
Integrative medicine is a holistic approach to supporting the well-being of your mind, soul, and body. It uses a combination of conventional and alternative modalities that seek to address your mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual wellness. The name integrative comes from the fact that it integrates different approaches to promote health, and family refers to the fact that it supports the well-being of the whole family.
The integrative medicine approach aims to assess your condition based on your state as a whole and not just your symptoms. So, the first step is to complete an evaluation of your mind, soul, and body and figure out if anything is out of balance. Then, an integrative medicine practitioner recommends a plan to restore balance and help you address the symptoms bothering you.
The great thing about integrative family medicine is that it is highly personalized, and you have a say in the balancing process. The practitioners always keep you in the loop and encourage active participation in all decisions.
What Conditions Can Integrative Family Medicine Help With?
Integrative family medicine offers supportive care to people struggling with:
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Headaches and migraines
- Acute or chronic pain
- Mental health issues
- Emotional imbalances
- Autoimmune disorders
- Breathing difficulties
- Chronic fatigue
- Menstrual issues
- Digestive problems
- Weight management
- Sleep issues
- High blood pressure
- Cancer and cancer-related side effects
- Other conditions
What Approaches Does Integrative Family Medicine Use?
Integrative family medicine provides primary care for people of all ages. It also offers specialized care for people with specific conditions and health requirements. It combines conventional approaches such as medication or psychotherapy, and alternative support systems, education, and lifestyle changes. That includes:
- Acupuncture – This approach uses thin needles to stimulate the balancing processes and restore your body’s energy equilibrium.
- Chiropractic adjustments – Chiropractors perform adjustments of your spine and joints to eliminate physical imbalances, which benefits your health.
- Massage therapy – Massage therapists use soft tissue manipulation to stimulate blood flow and promote muscle repair. They incorporate different techniques to improve your physical health and help you relax.
- Reiki – This unique type of energy balancing restores your natural energy fields and promotes balance. It can help improve your mental health and aid emotional well-being.
- Yoga and Tai Chi – These activities combine specific movements and breathing techniques that aim to unify your body and mind. Yoga and tai chi can help with a variety of health issues.
- Herbal plans – Herbs, minerals, and extracts have long been used to overcome imbalances. Your integrative family medicine practitioner may include a herbal plan to improve your well-being.
- Dietary changes – Food is a big part of our well-being, which is why integrative medicine practitioners usually suggest certain changes to your diet. The goal is to support the management of your chronic conditions and overall health.
- Holistic psychotherapy – This approach uses various techniques to improve mood and support anxiety, depression, and mental health issues. It can be a vital part of your overall nurturing plan.
- Other approaches – Depending on the state of your wellness, your symptoms, and previous health problems, your integrative medicine practitioner may recommend other modalities to help support your well-being.
Integrative Medicine in Cypress and Northwest Houston, TX
Are you looking for an integrative medicine center in Cypress and Northwest Houston, TX? Then Natural Remedes is a perfect place for you. With the help of Dr. Borislava Johnson, our board-certified naturopathic doctor, your whole family will be able to get the care you deserve. Dr. Johnson integrates various approaches to support your health naturally and synergistically.
If you are interested in talking about your health with Dr. Johnson, go to our contact us page to learn how you can schedule an in-office or virtual appointment.